Monday, February 4, 2013

The Beginning..


The Car:
I bought this car back around 2007 with the full intentions of fixing it up and selling it - 1989 240sx Automatic with working H.U.D. (Heads Up Display). However, my mother-in-law was in desperate need of a car, and after fixing it up, I handed her the keys to a working vehicle in primer black.  She later decided that flat black wasn't her style, and her friend decided to add a little rattle can flavor.  Hence...the two-tone beauty in the photo.

MSA 1989 240sx S13 Drift CarAfter a little over a year of driving, it began to have some leaking and smoking issues.  The top of the motor was covered in oil from the leaky valve cover, and the underside...Oklahoma Red Clay.  So I found her a new vehicle, and I got this back as you see it.




The Driver:
In 2011, I got wind that my friend and long time Amateur Drift Driver, Axle, was having a rough time.  Under some financial burden, he had to sell off parts of his drift car and sadly wouldn't be able to drive during the 2012 season.  I thought, "here's a driver without a car and I have a car without a driver."

The Merge: 
Having purchased this car solely for drift purposes, the transformation had already started.  First, the 5 speed swap.  I had long ago bought the donor car.  Being an '89, I was excited at retaining the original H.U.D.  I then discussed arrangements with Axle, and it was a done deal.  The driver and car would soon become acquainted.

Bryan Lin
CEO, The Motorsports Authority, Inc. | MSAStore.com | BCRacingDirect.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment